Monday, June 3, 2013

Minter Gardens

PEDEGOest I will go...but this is way too close to home! Not much of a ride, I would say...

I see a break in the weather--the sun is shining!  So off we go; there is no stopping us now and I must cycle when I feel strong! 

Turning right on Yale Rd. E., continuing on to Bunker Rd., and only 1.1 km. from home, we are blessed with this beautiful 32-Acre world class show garden. 


...Minter Gardens, here we come!     Wed., May 22, 2013







So...here are!
 Even an American flag for our friends south of us... 
I see a lot of greens. Come summer, the garden will burst with colour.
Happy birthday, Isil! Looking forward to seeing you!
I would like to think that these two have been friends forever...

And who does not like flowers...we are all for colour, shape and fragrance. So uplifting; a symbol of love...and more.
California Poppies
                                  Rhododendrons 

Ohhhh, come, come, come, come...
My thoughts the night before: Peter and I have walked along these winding pathways many times, but I have never cycled through them. I presume this is allowed...I guess, this is one of those times when “ignorance is bliss.”  Or, how about this one: "If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun." Katherine Hepburn. 
Well, no such luck...
I was asked, “But you wouldn’t be riding your bike, would you?” “No, certainly not,” was all I could say.
So I locked my bike securely onto a bench, and went for a walk instead. 
Belated birthday wishes, Kurt...! “Somebody” told me that this is your fav.

Happy Birthday, to my cousin Susi, from Maine. This one is for you...
This gecko reminds me of Palm Springs...
No, it’s not his birthday! At least I don't think so.
Home again and a touch of Minter Gardens right here.

"I dream of...
Flowers singing love songs, dressed in gorgeous velvet gowns: in hues of pinks and yellows, blues and purples, reds and whites.
Gentle brush strokes orchestrated, add a touch of blush.
I dream of...
Flowers joining hands in friendship..."HG

“Friendship is like a flower that is always in bloom.” Anon 
           
Meet you at Minter Gardens...
Hilda         









5 comments:

  1. Nice post. It was like I was at Minter Gardens with you. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I would have loooved to have been there with you...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I would of had my bike with you...we would of cycled the gardens...Next time.
    Great work and enjoy the blogging...you begin to see life differently on your bike. I love your first photo...it is invigorating and gives life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Have fun at the signing...

    ReplyDelete