Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall is in the Air/Youtube Combine Harvester

PEDEGOest I will go...and as I cycle along...it's beginning to look a lot like fall, and I'm not sure that I like it; just not ready for it...Oh, well...I will just have to face the facts.

Left onto Yale Rd., going west, no, not east, that's where these young boys were attacked by six pit bulls this past week. The dogs came running across the owner's field and jumped right over the fence. Tell me, why would you need six pit bulls!? Oh, the things that grow so well in our area...

Mushrooms in our yard. Looks like the slugs really liked them.


As I cycled along, I came upon this tree which was full of the sound of screeching birds, except for "Mr. Crow" who thought he didn't belong--"these are not my kind," he thought. 

 The corn was starting to dry up...and farmers were out harvesting...
Laurie G., I guess you recognize this photo. I hope you don't mind that I am using it from Facebook. 

Todd Corrigan added this on Facebook. This is good. Something to cheer us up.

And here is another little hint of fall as I cycled along...

 ...and if you need some bread or jam, the door is open on Fridays and Saturdays on Chapman Rd. Too cute!
 Blue flowers along the way...not sure of their name...
 ...and Hydrangeas are ready to call it quits...
 ...a tree laden with apples...
"What wondrous life is this I lead! Ripe apples drop about my  head..." by Andrew Marvell
I keep wondering why Andrew Marvell didn't make feet rhyme with lead. To me it sounds less painful... 
 ...Michaelmas awaiting me at home...
...my zapallito plants are also saying goodbye. I will let this one go to seed.
 This tree has served us well for many years, but now it's time to cut it down and make room for the one that is growing next to it. I guess..."that's life!" So says my neighbour, Rita.


Today is Monday, and it's off to Vancouver till Wednesday. Round #5 for me. 

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us."
 by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love, as always...
Hilda


1 comment:

  1. I loved your bike ride....It would be fun to pedal together one fine day. My prayers and thoughts are with you as you go through your next round.

    ReplyDelete