Monday, February 2, 2015

To Paris and Back


Yes, surprise, we are back!
The reason we went was to see Michael who had a couple of week off from teaching, and, yes, yes, the wonderful baguettes...
The apartment we stayed in (on line photo). Our small bedroom was in the other room. This looks very neat!
...and the reason we came back early--Peter.
Okay. A few days later I felt and looked about the same.

 We had phoned Dr. Galraith before we left home, to find out about my CTscan results from a few weeks ago, and the result was that I have a lump under my left arm arm and also in my groin. Radiation here we go again! He strongly advised us to stay home, not because of the lumps, but should I get ill while in Paris, medical would not cover me, and the fee could well be over $100,000. Not a pretty picture...

But the week that we were there we managed to see a lot:
 

I will add a few more photos soon, but this will do for now.

The wash is pretty well done... the fresh bread I baked this morning looks and tastes just as good as a French baguette... the hash browns with Mennonite farmers sausage is now ready for breakfast. When it comes right down to it, we like our food the best, our home the best, our valley the best, and our friends and family the best.

Love to you,
Hilda 

PS--Michael is staying in Paris till Friday.



2 comments:

  1. Hilda, how I love your attitude! Sorry you had to return early, but so glad you got to go, and had some good experiences! Am praying for you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you had to come home early. At least you spent one week together withose you loved. We will be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete