Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Silent Protest in Turkey

The Power of Silence...                   Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I wasn't going to blog again this soon; thought you might need a break from me. But this morning, before going in for my blood test--if it's not the nurses it's the mosquitos who are after me. Unbelievable, even they want my chemo blood!--I sat down to listen to CBC news, and the first thing that came on was news about Turkey, and since a number of you have been asking about our son, Michael and his wonderful friend Işil (Ishil), I thought I'd let you know that they are doing fine. They are coming home July 16 and staying for one month. For those of you who don't know, they live in Gaziantep, Turkey, where they teach English. When I heard about "Standing Quiet," I was moved to tears. This guy even looks like Michael! 


Erdem Gunduz reportedly began his silent protest (CBC news)
Michael sent me his friend's blog in Turkey:  timeline

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls.
Mother Teresa 


Wishing you a safe and happy day,

Hilda

I will leave you with some photos I took of Michael and Işıl (Ishil), in Prague--June 2010.


 No, I didn't take this one. This must be in Gaziantep.
 Prague
 
 Prague
 And in BC, 2012





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. It's nice to see that someone is making a difference.

    ReplyDelete