Friday, May 23, 2014

Radiation (:

Well, I am done!...for a while...and yes, the two radiation treatments went well, and...I am feeling fine. 
You can't imagine how good that feels, and a lot of you can. 

We all have our journeys, and hopefully we can be there for
 each other.

Thanks for your friendship, love and prayers, etc.

I still have doctor's appointments, blood tests and 
CT scans coming up...
and for now, I will keep "glowing in the dark" from all the x-rays, radiations and CT scans.   
***
The rains fell very softly early this morning, and so with my camera hanging from my neck--I looked around first to see if the neighbours where still fast asleep--I started to snap a few. I think I could have made a good picture too, walking around in my light turquoise housecoat and beige baseball cap!

And these are the ones I took:
 Campanula "Bellflower Dalmation" 
We have had these Campanulas for 17 years. 
Just the right spot. They like it on the shady side.
Peter is up, dressed, and ready to go!...transplanting the basil plant into a bigger pot. 
They need room to wiggle their roots.

Basil--smile when you say the word basil--is full of fragrance, flavour, but hard to grow (for me). So, this year, I have it sitting on the railing of our deck. 
"High, dry and well watered"
The forecast is rain for the next 6 days! 

I may even take it along camping, and not just to pamper it, but to use a bit in our salad or chopped (torn up, if you like)
 and sprinkled over a tomato sandwich. It's the best!

The tomatoes are ready in the greenhouses, and I must say,
 they taste pretty good! 
The other herb is the Sorrel plant used for making Sorrel soup.
I believe, our ancestors must have had a lot of sorrel growing in their garden and for sure in the fields... 
It's a great soup, especially if someone else makes it for you (: 
and is able to take instructions (:(:
Actually, Peter likes cooking more so now then ever before.

Here is my version--for today: 

Sorrel Soup

5 cups of water
1 vegetable or chicken bouillon
1/2 a cup of sauteed onions, sauteed--optional 
but milder than raw
 1 bay leaf
3 med. sized potatoes, diced
Cook this up, and add:
3 cups of sorrel, chopped
2 cups of beet tops (if you have some)
A few sprigs of parsley, chopped
A few sprigs of dill, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste.

If you like the soup smoother, you can use a hand blender--that's what we did. 
There is that word "we" again...! 
Have you noticed that as we age we use we more and more!

And, to continue with the soup recipe, no, I did not forget the ham with bone, or the cream in it. Each to their own. 

It's a nice rich red colour because of the beets (:

To your health!
Enjoy!

Hilda






2 comments:

  1. Hi Hilda, Nice that the radiation is done, eh. You must have gone out before the rain came down real hard; it was quite nice at just a drizzle early. You have good pictures - where is the selfie of the housecoat and ball cap? Mary

    ReplyDelete