Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Health

Sometime...quite often...
Well...almost always, the mind--like wheels spinning and turning a mile a minute--worries to no end about something. It’s just human nature to worry. For me...it’s all about my health. Did I tell you, that in 2011, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma--NHL? No, it does not stand for the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, it stands for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I very seldom use the “C” word. It’s such an ugly, loaded sounding word. I just tell people--when asked--“I have lymphoma.”
Almost a year ago I underwent chemo. Eight rounds, which hardly made a difference. Very disappointing...
Starting tomorrow (May 29, 2013) I am on a trial chemo called Bendamustin combined with GA 101, which is an antibody. Only six rounds. If all goes well, I should be done by the end of October. But for today, I will “Lift up my eyes unto the hills...to my family...my friends...and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment